4K Program Information
How to Apply
- Complete an Online Application
- Submit Required Documentation
- Schedule a Screening Appointment Online
(In order to determine eligibility, the following must be submitted online or at your child's screening appointment)
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- SC Certificate of Immunization
- Proof of Residence (deed, property tax receipt, or lease – A bill is not considered valid proof of residence.)
- Please note: If you (student/guardian) are temporarily residing with an adult friend or family member, within the school district’s attendance area; the adult resident with whom you live, must provide proof of residency as well as contact the Child Development Center (CDC) to schedule an appointment to sign an affidavit.
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- Proof of any services received from DSS (Medicaid, TANF, SSI)
- Verification of Income (Child’s Medicaid card OR Tax Return, pay stub(s) or W2(s) for each person bringing income into the household)
- Completing the D6 4K Application does not guarantee enrollment.
- The Spartanburg School District Six Virtual Program is not available to 4K students.
- There is NO SCHOOL CHOICE in D6 for 4K students; parents may not request particular schools, regardless of sibling attendance.
- Acceptance to the D6 4K Program will be considered based on CERDEP eligibility requirements.
- Eligible 4K students will be placed at either the Child Development Center or his or her zoned school, based on availability.
- Once the District makes placement decisions, parents will be notified of acceptance by letter, indicating D6 4K program acceptance and school placement OR placement on the D6 4K waiting list.
- Applications will not be processed, unless ALL required documentation has been submitted to the Child Development Center.
For More Information
Call 864-595-2424 or 864-576-4886 Email [email protected]
Enrollment is based on SC Child Early Reading Development Program (CERDEP) eligibility guidelines regarding age and income.