The Child Development Center is part of the Spartanburg County School District 6 school district. The Center is dedicated to the growth and development of all of our families. The center is a positive, nurturing, language-rich environment, which strives to build a strong foundation for our young children and their families to meet their full potential and become lifelong learners.
At the Child Development Center we believe:
- All students can learn.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and cultural needs.
- Early intervention services are critical to future student academic success.
- Student learning and appropriate behaviors are priorities for our school.
- Exceptional students (special education, Limited English proficient, gifted and talented) require special services and resources.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment nurtures our students and promotes student learning.
- Embracing diversity can increase our students’ understanding of different peoples and cultures.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, students, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
Our programs include:
- Developmentally Delayed Preschool
- 4-Year Old Kindergarten
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- School Psychologist
- School Nurse
- Spartanburg County Deaf/Hard of Hearing Preschool Class
To learn more about the Child Development Center, please contact us.
Child Development and Family Services Center
3050 North Blackstock Road
Spartanburg, South Carolina 29301
Mrs. Krishenda Alexander
864 576 4886
864 576 0402